To Apply for the 2015 Novel-In-Progress Bookcamp
The Novel-In-Progress Bookcamp is sponsored by the Wisconsin Writers Association (WWA) and the Chicago Writers Association (CWA).
The Bookcamp is open to WWA and CWA Members as well as unaffiliated writers. Lodging accommodations are limited. Single rooms can only be guaranteed for the first 13 registrants. Double rooms also available.
If you wish to reserve a space on the next Bookcamp roster now before sending in your application package, send in the $100 deposit, which is fully refundable. That will put you on the waiting list for a room assignment.
To send in your application material, send it via email to Dave Rank, Bookcamp Director (click here to send Dave an email) with the following information in the body of the email. No attachments please.
- The first 3 chapters or up to 30 pages of your manuscript (please send full chapters only).
- A cover letter with this information:
- Your full name, contact info (address and phone number), a brief bio paragraph centered on your writing background;
- The title and genre of your book, word length (actual or projected), the status of your book (outline only, mid-first draft, in final edit phase, etc.);
- Optional, mention any specific area of your book you want assistance on (such as improving plot, adding subplots, adding depth to characters, etc.). This will help us tailor the Bookcamp to better serve your needs.
- A one- or two-page synopsis of your book. Include plot summary with ending.
Why are we asking for all of this material? First, we want to ensure that the Bookcamp will be a valuable experience for you and that our staff will be able to help you with your work-in-progress. Second, it is this material that our staff will use to familiarize themselves with your work-in-progress. Additional portions of your book may be discussed or worked on during the Bookcamp if you wish.
Upon reception of your application, we will notify you within five working days if your application is accepted. At that time, if you have not already sent it in, we will ask for the refundable $100 deposit to secure your place in the Bookcamp. At a later date we will contact you to arrange final payment for the rest of the registration fee.
2015 Bookcamp Registration Fee Schedule (includes $100 deposit)
Fee includes all Bookcamp expenses, room and board, unless otherwise stated.
Members of our sponsoring organizations, the Wisconsin Writers Association (WWA) and Chicago Writers Association (CWA), receive a $40 discount, unless another special offer is in effect. Full refunds are available until April 30, 2015.
A two-installment payment plan is available depending on time of registration.
Through February 28. 2015
WWA or CWA Members
- Single room, $1,350
- Double room, $1,270
- Single room, $1,390
- Double room, $1,320
Other Registration Options
- Commuter: Bookcamp/Board Only, $974
- Couples (Single Registration/Roommates/Double Room, 1 Bookcamp Registrant at scheduled price/1 nonparticipant), $660.
- Group rate available for three or more writers registering together.
Late Registration (April 1 through May 1, 2015)
No Discount Available
- Single room, $1,445
- Double room, $1,385
To submit your application, $100 deposit, and/or the total registration fee:
Address checks to the Wisconsin Writers Association, Inc., c/o Dave Rank, 831 S. Seventh Ave., West Bend, WI 53095.
Questions? Contact Dave Rank, Bookcamp Director by email (click here to send Dave an email) or call 262-717-5154.